Sunday, May 20, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend


Victoria and Frances had never been rock climbing outside before. They have scaled a few indoor gym walls, and Vickey was nervous to have them climb but they did great. However, Victoria's face in a few of the pictures I took were hilarious! She looked terrified!


My Dad, Step-mom and two sisters (Frances & Victoria) came into town for the weekend. They came to good ole' Utah to run the "Race for a Cure" 5K run. My dad came out a couple of years ago and ran the race with me, Feef and Meg and decided this event NEEDED to be a family thing. While they were here we also did a hike up Millcreek Canyon, had a rather large family BBQ at our 1300 square foot condo, and taught my little sibs how to rock climb. We had a blast and I always look forward to our future visits with them. They are all so hilariously funny and I enjoyed our time with them. Love you and miss you already!


Feef scaling the wall and My dad and Vickey before our 5K run. My dad ran his little heart out...he ran the entire thing! Which is kind of a big deal because he doesn't run often. He likes to ride his bike around the "hills" in Kansas, but that is the extent of his exercising. It was quite comical... us girls were running fairly slow and my dad was huffing and puffing but he kept up! :) I can't until next year's run.


Us girls "running" or trotting the 5K race. I tried to take a picture of the entire road behind because it was amazing to see so many people running the Race for the Cure. My pictures don't do it justice, but to think that 17,000 people came out and supported such a great cause gives you goosebumps. It looked like a never-ending sea of people.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That looks like fun Kirst - I love the family pic at the bottom. Too cute.