Friday, February 20, 2009
Not sure if it's an UPGRADE or a DOWNGRADE, but a grade nonetheless. Tonight we ventured out to dinner (no where fancy) with the little guy and we were surprised to learn that Olive Garden seats families with children in a back room as to not to disturb others without kids. Why had I never noticed this before? It had never occurred to before that children aren't seen very often at this fine dining establishment. I'm proud to say that we are now "banned" (or welcomed) to the back room.
Posted by Kirsten at 8:17 PM
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
We were so fortunate to have my cousin do Miles' newborn photos. She did such an AWESOME job and we are so excited about how they turned out.
"Oh yeah...I'm loving this rug"
"I hate this darn contraption! What are you doing to me?"
"I'm totally ready for GQ...I've got my pose down!"
Posted by Kirsten at 10:57 AM
Saturday, February 14, 2009
At his pediatrician appointment, this last week, Miles was almost back up to his birth weight of 7 lbs. 5 oz. However, his head has grown a bit (putting him in the 25th percentile) and his length grew at bit as well (putting him in the 50th percentile). He's so tiny--it's weird to think that Tim was almost 3lbs. heavier than our little dude when he was born.
I swear this kid already has bundles of personality. I just LOVE him!
Posted by Kirsten at 1:05 AM
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Posted by Kirsten at 11:23 AM
Friday, February 6, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Photos of Miles's stay in the hospital and first day at home! Incidentally, if anyone has suggestions on whether we should use "Miles's" or "Miles' " for the singular possessive form, please tell us. Officially, both are acceptable (depending on the grammar nerd consulted), but we can't decide which we think sounds and looks better!
Being fed by Daddy in the NICU. Check out the sweet i.v.!
Enjoying his zeroth birthday cake
Hangn with Mommy on his first day back from the NICU
Waiting for parents to take him home
Relaxing in the truck
Sleeping on Mommy's lap
Sleeping with Daddy at home
Relaxing in Mom and Dad's bed. Check out those thunderthies!!!
Posted by Kirsten at 8:19 PM
Sunday, February 1, 2009
- We arrived at the hospital at 7:00 a.m.
- Kirsten's water broke at 12:30 p.m.
- Heavy contractions began around 3:00 p.m.
- Kirsten started pushing at around 7:30 p.m.
- Umbilical was found to be wrapped around Miles chest/throat around 9:50 p.m.
- More pushing...
- Forceps were pulled out and used at 11:50 p.m.
- A perfectly healthy Miles was born at 12:01 a.m.
- Miles was taken to the NICU at 8:00 a.m. because of trouble breathing, thought to be caused by amnionic fluid in the lungs.
- Miles is now (4:25 p.m.) breathing and eating like a champ and is expected to leave the NICU tomorrow morning.
- Miles left the NICU early this morning and will be joining us in our room shortly!
Posted by Kirsten at 4:13 PM